The HERMES project aims to develop a closer and more effective communication, between researchers working in the field of transport technologies in the EU, and their counterparts around the world by facilitating the exchange of information and developing a framework for long term collaboration.
In this frame, the HERMES project is organizing a one and a half day Workshop on “Enhancing International Collaboration in Transportation Research”, which will be held at the UIC Headquarters in Paris on the 25th – 26th April 2013.
The aim of the Workshop is to bring together industry, academia, research establishments as well as governmental bodies and other major players in transport research from around the world, to engage in round table discussions to address the obstacles and concerns that restrict closer international collaboration in transport R&D, and and explore the policies and measures that should be in place to enable the creation of a truly international collaborative transportation research network.
To support the discussions, participants and/or researchers in international transportation issues are invited to complete the following questionnaire: http://s.chkmkt.com/?e=24466&h=C59C2183299470F&l=en
This workshop will be the opportunity for participants to:
- Meet with fellow researchers from around the world, discuss research interests and views on the future of transportation research and identify commonalities in research themes.
- Have the opportunity to express your views on any shortcomings of current international research collaboration actions.
- Identify obstacles to the development of cross border collaborative research programmes and explore means to remove them.
- Assist policy makers. It is imperative that the views of the research community who will engage in collaborative research are known, to help shape future policies for a truly international collaboration in transportation research.
Finally, this workshop will also be the opportunity for participants to assist to the first presentation of a new common portal for accessing information from databases of past and ongoing research projects worldwide, in collaboration with database managers worldwide.
The conference will be addressed in speeches by:
- Mr. Alessandro DAMIANI, European Commission, DG Research & Innovation
- Mr. Steve GODWIN, Transportation Research Board, USA
- Mr. Toshiyasu ICHIOKA, EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation
As a partner of the HERMES project, the International Union of Railways (UIC) encourages the European and global rail research communities to support this initiative and invite their researchers to attend this event and to represent the best research and innovation interests of the rail sector.
In order to register, please visit the official webpage of the event: http://www.hermes-project.net/#/international-workshop/4572910454...
More information about HERMES Project: www.hermes-project.net